This week I would like to introduce you to the PSiNLP Pre-suppositions. As I mentioned in my previous post, in 2010 we (myself and Joe Cheal) formed a new school of NLP with Julie Silverthorn. Julie Silverthorn is a Master Trainer of NLP with long history in the field. She trained originally with Richard Bandler and then went on to work with Tad James for eight years together with her then husband, John Overdurf.
After that she set up Neuro-energetics with John developing Humanistic Neuro-Linguistic
Psychology. She and John worked together for over twenty years. They also wrote the excellent book “Training Trances” together.
Our transatlantic school is the Positive School of Intrinsic Neuro-Linguistic Psychology. Our intention is to build on the work started by Julie and John with HNLP. Our school is
PSiNLP for short, based on the shortening of our name and also reference to the psychology symbol Psi. All three of us have undergraduate and post graduate degrees in psychology. For more see our website:
For now I will share with you the overview of our NLP Pre-suppositions and then next week I will start explaining our philosophy. So here they are:
- The intrinsic state of the universe is the continuous movement and exchange of energy and information.
- Our intrinsic nature is revealed in service to others as we support them in the exchange of energy and information leading to self actualisation.
- Self actualisation is the process of recognising who we already are.
- Our intrinsic nature is that of pure consciousness and interconnectedness.
- Our perception of others will affect who they can be with us.
- Energy and intention equal creation.
- Our outer world is a manifested reflection of our inner world.
- Everything we desire we already have, just perhaps not in the form we think we want.
- No matter where we find ourselves there is always choice.
Do reflect on the meaning of these NLP pre-suppositions and let me have your thoughts. Next week I will begin exploring the meaning further.